Seeing how I've pretty much given up on getting through ep 27's translation tonight, I thought I'd start scribbling down the interesting scenes that have greater meaning than one might first suspect upon seeing them for GH. :P
One of the greatest things about this series is how things progress and build upon previous points until the whole puzzle falls into place. So the puzzle pieces...
- Mai complains about Naru calling her by her first name and without honorifics; Naru replies along the lines of "you just did the same thing"
- Naru's *17* yet head of a company (guardian?)
- Masako is a top class medium
- Masako thinks she might have met Naru somewhere but Naru has no such recollection
- Naru smiles in Mai's dream
- once again, they have a mountain of equipment...
- Lin calls Naru "Naru"
- Naru's strange certainty that the doll wasn't the problem
- Naru doesn't talk back to Masako? (not really important actually :P)
- Lin's notes are all typed in English
- when bending the spoon for Kasai-san, the spoon snapped
- the image of Naru's room
- "you mean Lin-san's the onmyouji?" "something like that"--fully revealed in Blood-Soaked Maze
- Naru and Mai were both essentially unharmed in the fall down the manhole despite all the rubble at the bottom
- Naru collapses from "anemia"
- no name on the name plate at the hospital despite having a private room
- Lin's reaction to Naru having bent a spoon
- when showing everyone his "trick" the spoon didn't snap
- speculation Naru may have a sponsor of sorts who finances everything esp. considering how expensive Shibuya Ward is
- Naru's notes are all in English (missing in the anime?; from story 1)
- in her dream, Naru laughs and tells Mai she's mistaken when she asks him about dating Masako--he actually talks about something other than work. :P (story 2 novel; not in the manga or anime)
- Mai tells Naru something was bothering her and he responds with "So?" eventually saying something like "I'm afraid I have no time to spare listening to anything unless it's for work." (story 3; not in the anime)
- If Naru pounded on the wall, he could have woken Lin (story 3; not in the anime)
- Mai demands to know if being able to bend and snap a spoon at a touch is normal (story 3; snapping the spoon wasn't mentioned)